Job Opening: Quantitative Modeler Internship
Located in the heart of Washington DC, Sentrana provides companies with predictive analytics for better sales and marketing decisions. For the past five years, we have brought our capabilities to the foodservice industry generating optimal pricing and marketing recommendations covering tens of thousands of products and hundreds of thousands of customers on a daily basis. Through our enterprise application platform MarketMover®, we help wholesale distributors and suppliers put the terabytes of data sitting in their existing systems to work with advanced analytics and a family of applications that deliver predictive insight at the moment of truth—the instant the sale is being made.
Our application suite helps companies of all sizes accurately predict and optimize the impact of their sales and marketing activities, including pricing, promotion, product mix, and other related activities. The MarketMover software platform gives clients the ability to use our advanced analytics throughout the sales process and at the crucial moment of the sale. Our software as a service (SaaS) model allows our clients to get started quickly supported by our high performance computing infrastructure and allows us to continuously improve our software without costly deployments into clients’ internal IT environment.
Sentrana is committed to seeking out promising talent from top schools with rigorous Statistic programs. We offer a challenging internship experience for the role of Quantitative Modeler Intern . In this role, you'll work on the development of new econometric modeling and quantitative marketing capabilities. You will create solutions that will not only be employed by the world's most recognized companies, but will be relied upon to dramatically expand their performance and competitiveness. Working closely with world-class scientists, engineers, and product managers in a small team environment, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the rapidly evolving science and technology of quantitative marketing and fact-based, optimal decision making.
In addition to strong academic performance, Sentrana is interested in students who:
- Have a passion for statistics and are excited to work in a culture of invention and innovation
- Are quantitatively-driven in their thinking with an unrelenting drive to understand the facts surrounding a problem
- Want to experience first-hand the challenges of bringing a commercial software products to market working with a world class team of quantitative modelers, software engineers, and product managers
At the beginning of your work term, you will work with your supervisor to determine goals as to the specific knowledge and skills you hope to gain, details of the projects that you will work on during your time at Sentrana, and how your time at Sentrana can help you achieve your professional goals. We will seek to define a project that can be completed during the term of your internship. You will have the opportunity to work not just with other Sentrana quantitative modelers, but also across other disciplines.
Aspects of your work could include:
- Liaising with internal solution development teams, and develop business insights and translate business problems into mathematical problems
- Utilizing statistical modeling applications (e.g. , R, SAS, SPSS) to develop econometric models from historical data
- Developing new statistical modeling or machine learning algorithms to address complex business problems with huge amount of data
- Managing development and execution of implementation project plans, meeting all deliverables and deadlines
- Must have exceptional problem solving skills
- Experience with conventional and emerging econometric and statistical modeling techniques, including but not limited to multivariate regression, hierarchical Bayesian modeling, and machine mining (e.g. clustering, classification, association mining, etc.)
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Enrollment in a Master’s or Ph.D. program in quantitatively rigorous field such as Statistics
- Econometric and statistical modeling experience with R, or S+, SAS, SPSS
- Familiarity with optimization algorithm development and implementation
- Experience in SQL and database programming
Versatility and flexibility to adapt to new situations are essential. Ideal candidates have a GPA of at least 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. All interns will work in our Washington DC office, and successful candidates may be offered full-time positions to begin after graduation.
We ask that summer interns allow 10-12 weeks for their internship.
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter directly to us:
(Subject: Quantitative Modeler Intern)
Sentrana Inc. - 13 months ago