Agilex’s Advanced Analytics practice has a risk-based framework and approach, experienced professionals, comprehensive methodologies, and technical resources. Agilex’s services combine competency and experience in the areas of business intelligence, risk management, and knowledge discovery.
Agilex is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented statistician to support a government program office in Alexandria, VA. The successful candidate will be required to be a self-starter with demonstrated experience using SAS and SQL programming; as well as possess strong experience developing, implementing, and maintaining predictive statistical models using modeling techniques including but not necessarily limited to logistic regression, survival analysis, neural networks, and decision trees. Excellent interpersonal skills, and professionalism and self- awareness; as well as the ability to communicate comfortably with all levels of staff and management are a must. The candidate’s primary duty will be the design and implementation of forecast models, decision trees and other statistical models.
The candidate will also participate in operations planning, customer presentations, trend analysis and reporting as well as predictive analytics.
Agilex’s Homeland Security team based in Washington D.C. and the surrounding Metropolitan area has opportunities for you to become part of their high-quality team that delivers innovative solutions to key Federal clients in risk management, enterprise systems development and business process improvement.
- In this role, you will be part of a small independent team performing analysis, implementation and support for a large federal agency with the following responsibilities:
- Providing proactive and workable solutions for the clients as needed. Deliverables will include analytical consulting, statistical models, quantitative solutions for business operations and systems implementation.
- Support program lifecycle of the projects (customer interaction, technical delivery, status reporting, and analytical solutions)
- Support technical development activities such as SAS design and programming for client delivery that meets expectations as well as provide input to/leading white paper and analytical studies
- Client interaction includes daily contact across multiple teams and personnel
- Support the manager on the project
- Develop, maintain, and perform data analysis for Advanced Analytics programs utilizing SAS, Enterprise Guide, Data Step and Oracle SQL programming
- Experience planning and managing analytical projects
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Prepare and support delivering analytical presentations
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Effectively communicating with internal teams and external clients to deliver analytical solutions and provide leadership through consulting
- Strong analytical skills coupled with business intelligence and database knowledge
Candidates should be US Citizens and will be required to undergo a security background investigation for this work.
- BA/BS degree or advanced degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related analytical field of study
- 5 plus years professional experience consulting with clients to design and develop statistical models, segmentation schemes and data-driven analyses
- Strong capability to build models and utilize statistical methods including data imputation, time series, logistic regression, survival analysis, neural networks and other modeling techniques
- Expertise to perform exploratory data analysis and implement propensity models
- Create performance metrics and tracking processes to measure the effectiveness of the predictive modeling efforts
- Utilize data mining techniques and information retrieval methods to gather business intelligence ?Coordinate access and perform data transformation to support model development and validation
- Develop and optimize SQL queries to access source data from Oracle, Netezza, data files and other similar formats to facilitate statistical models and perform SAS programming
- Work in a collaborative manner with team members and customers to gather requirements, analyze data and interact with multiple internal data management groups to support data analysis and develop analytical processes for operations
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to work on time-sensitive deliverables
- Prior Federal consulting experience in statistics and related service area preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are critical
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to commute to clients in the DC metro area as needed
"NVTC NAMED AGILEX “THE 2010 HOTTEST EMERGING GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR FOR THE WASHINGTON REGION”
Agilex Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
Agilex - Realize the Value of Information
Agilex - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Agilex has quickly established itself as one of our industry’s most innovative and successful firms. We are known for tackling...