Job Opening: Quantitative Modeler
Located in the heart of Washington DC, Sentrana provides companies with predictive analytics for better sales and marketing decisions. For the past five years, we have brought our capabilities to the foodservice industry generating optimal pricing and marketing recommendations covering tens of thousands of products and hundreds of thousands of customers on a daily basis. Through our enterprise application platform MarketMover®, we help wholesale distributors and suppliers put the terabytes of data sitting in their existing systems to work with advanced analytics and a family of applications that deliver predictive insight at the moment of truth—the instant the sale is being made.
Our application suite helps companies of all sizes accurately predict and optimize the impact of their sales and marketing activities, including pricing, promotion, product mix, and other related activities. The MarketMover software platform gives clients the ability to use our advanced analytics throughout the sales process and at the crucial moment of the sale. Our software as a service (SaaS) model allows our clients to get started quickly supported by our high performance computing infrastructure and allows us to continuously improve our software without costly deployments into clients’ internal IT environment.
We are seeking outstanding candidates with a demonstrated track record of innovative, creative, and quantitative thought leadership. As Quantitative Modeler , you'll drive the development of new econometric modeling and quantitative marketing capabilities. You will create solutions that will not only be employed by the world's most recognized companies, but will be relied upon to dramatically expand their performance and competitiveness. Working closely with world-class scientists, engineers, and product managers in a small team environment, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the rapidly evolving science and technology of quantitative marketing and fact-based, optimal decision making. Our heritage is one of entrepreneurship, where individuals' innovative ideas are prized and rapidly re-shape the capabilities of large enterprises. Because you'll be on a small cross-functional team that is responsible for both business and technology decisions, you will have immediate visibility on the relationship between your efforts and the ultimate technology impact that it creates.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop sophisticated statistical (econometric) models using conventional and novel modeling strategies to address complex business challenges. You will be responsible for conveying complex mathematical information in layman’s terms. Concurrently, you will engage PhD level statisticians and quantitative analysts both within our clients and internal to Sentrana to articulate the details of your modeling efforts and debate the intricacies of alternative modeling approaches.
Your additional responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with internal solution development teams, and develop business insights and translate business problems into mathematical problems
- Utilize statistical modeling applications (e.g. , R, SAS, SPSS) to develop econometric models from historical data
- Develop new statistical modeling or machine learning algorithms to address complex business problems with huge amount of data
- Manage development and execution of implementation project plans, meeting all deliverables and deadlines
- Deep theoretical and practical expertise with conventional and emerging econometric and statistical modeling techniques, including but not limited to multivariate regression, hierarchical Bayesian modeling, and machine mining (e.g. clustering, classification, association mining, etc.)
- Must have strong econometric and statistical modeling experience with R, or S+, SAS, SPSS
- Must have exceptional problem solving skills
- Proficiency in SQL and database programming preferred
- Experience in optimization algorithm development and implementation preferred
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a graduate degree from a top-tier university in Econometrics, Statistics, Computer Science, Computational Finance, or Operations Research (MS required, PhD preferred)
We offer a generous compensation package, including an equity stake, plus a collaborative, tier-one management team. More importantly, we provide an intellectually fertile environment for people to learn, experiment, and grow. Our work focuses on difficult problems that have no easy answers – indeed it is our pursuit and embrace of such problems that inspires the growth of our associates and our enterprise.
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter directly to us:
(Subject: Quantitative Modeler)
Sentrana Inc., based in Washington, DC, is a pioneer in providing scientific micromarketing solutions to industry leaders in highly...