- Produce detailed quantitative analysis on existing and prospective hedge fund investments.
- Produce actionable recommendations on existing and prospective hedge fund investments to the Investment Committee and our strategy teams.
- Identify and rigorously analyze key risks and issues with each hedge fund manager. Set return and risk expectations, report findings, and form opinions with a high degree of independence. Maintain good working relationships with hedge fund managers and other market participants.
- Assist strategy team with sourcing new investment opportunities across relative value, macro & commodity hedge fund strategies.
- Support strategy team with market data needs and quantitative evaluation of the appropriate markets.
- Identify and produce analysis on global research topics and market environment that support thought leadership at the firm.
- Respond to the data needs of the Advanced Strategies department. This will include designing and creating reports, aggregating/manipulating data, and communicating across business groups.
- Research and develop various quantitative methods used to evaluate hedge funds and portfolios of hedge funds. Read research papers, interpret the results, and utilize the knowledge gained to help build quantitative models.
- 3 - 10 years of direct investment or capital markets experience with familiarity with various hedge fund strategies. Options experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in finance with strong background in statistics or quantitative research experience. CFA and/or FRM strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills; ability to communicate clearly and confidently with members of the Research team.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and ability to work independently as well as within a team.
Mesirow Financial - 24 months ago
Mesirow Financial Holdings is an employee-owned company with nearly $380 million in equity investments and a global reach. Clients,...