GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc.
Quantitative Services Manager
As Head of Quantitative Services group, lead a team of quantitative/technical professionals to provide decision support to all GSENA business units (power generation, gas/LNG, and retail), risk and credit management committees and GSENA executive management in areas of risk assessment, portfolio optimization, deal structuring, deal evaluation, and management of market and credit risks.
EVP Strategy, Risk & Portfolio
Houston, TX/ Quantitative Services
Salary - Exempt
Essential Job Functions
- Advise risk committee, credit committee, central and local portfolio managers
- Develop strategies for management of portfolio’s commodity market and credit risks
- Oversee development of hedge requirement quantification processes and models for generation and gas/LNG assets
- Develop sophisticated frameworks for portfolio risk assessments and enterprise risk management
- Advise credit and commercial groups for optimization of credit lines and collateral requirements
- Design the complex architecture and oversee the production of commodity price simulation models
- Advise trading, origination and commercial groups on deal structuring, deal evaluation and portfolio optimization
- Investigate, propose and execute changes to GSENA corporate risk management and trading policies
- Advise risk and credit committees, and central and local portfolio managers on risk capital and risk structure to identify risks, develop and propose strategies, and convey sophisticated technical matters to broader audiences for decision making on GSENA’s investments in the energy chain.
- Advise credit and commercial groups to structure credit terms in commercial contracts, mitigate potential credit risks, and optimize credit lines as well as collateral requirements.
- Develop unique frameworks for portfolio risk assessments, and enterprise risk management relying on experience in energy markets and corporate asset fleet to calculate impacts of market risks, credit risks and non-commodity related catastrophic risks, focus executive committee’s and European headquarter’s attention to critical risks, propose strategic action plans and mitigate potential consequences.
- Oversee/supervise development of asset exposure models using various software such as MS Excel, MATLAB, and GenTrader to calculate risk profiles and hedge requirements of complex power generation and storage facilities.
- Oversee/supervise production of complex portfolio analysis, portfolio optimization, reporting and management tools using internal resources to advise trading, origination, and commercial groups on deal structuring and evaluation.
- Design the complex architecture and oversee the production of commodity price simulation models relying on advanced level knowledge of statistical methods and concepts, stochastic properties of energy futures, and various programming languages.
- Develop corporate risk management and trading policies using GDF SUEZ corporate guidelines to align existing processes with industry best practices.
- Minimum requirement of an MBA or equivalent master’s level degree in Mathematics or a technical field (Engineering, Energy, Earth Resources). Ph.D preferred.
- 4+ years experience in a risk related function of a top tier energy firm.
- Strong quantitative and administrative skills, ability to convey complex ideas and calculations to broader audiences.
- Expertise in electricity and gas markets, advanced level understanding of options, derivatives, financial engineering, dispatch optimization, statistics and stochastic characteristics of energy futures.
- Infrequent travel may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and public speaking skills.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Computer skills required: MS Office Suite, MATLAB, programming languages such as VBA, SQL, C#, C++ and Database Management Programs
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc. encourages individuals to apply for open positions using the Apply Online button below. However, if you are unable to complete your application on-line you may mail your resume to our address: GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Attn: Human Resources, 1990 Post Oak Boulevard, Houston, TX 77056.
GDF SUEZ is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on-line at
GDF SUEZ - 11 months ago