Position Responsibilities (key duties, scope of position, goals, expectations, skill requirements, travel requirements)
- Provide leadership in the management of quarry operations to support plant production which includes safety, quality, environmental compliance, productivity, cost control and maintenance.
- Plan and execute long and short-range mining activities to support the production of 1.8MM tons of Clinker and 2.2MM tons of cement.
- Engage quarry team to ensure their growth and development, adherence to high safety and housekeeping standards, and a collaborative work environment.
- Provide coaching, training and developmental opportunities to quarry technicians to enhance their skills and capture the knowledge that exist in the team.
- Coordinate the efficient utilization of equipment and team members during assigned shift to achieve quarry production and cost objectives.
- Manage contractor activities in the quarry to ensure compliance with safety standards and minimize cost and requirement of third party services.
- Continually assess quarry operation to optimize and improve performance.
- Ensure communication of key business information to the team on a regular basis.
- Assists with the development of quarry budget, and the establishment of goals and objectives consistent with Holcim and site goals.
- Interact with the Citizens Advisory committee over quarry related opportunities or issues
- Interact plant environmental team, State and Federal agencies regarding permitting requirements or issues.
- Work different shifts, depending on business need of the plant, minimum travel requirements.
Position Dimensions (i.e., communication skills, planning, teamwork, technical knowledge, leadership, initiative)
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Mining Engineering, Geology or related field preferred.
Other Related Experiences Required
- Proven leadership and management skills; provided effective coaching to department personnel.
- Self starting; takes initiative to maintain high quality standards.
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Uses effective delegation skills to assign work in the department and maximize resource talent, knowledge, and skill.
- Adapts to changes in business needs without sacrificing safety standards.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to effectively interact with employees, other departments, and contractors.
- Ability to quickly analyze problems and exercise good judgment to initiate corrective action.
- Minimum of 5 years of combined management level and cement industry (or related) experience in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of Heavy Mobile Equipment operation & maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of quarry/mining operations
- Computer skills. Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Mechanical skills required
There's nothing abstract about the concrete made by Holcim (US). The American arm of Swiss building products giant Holcim Ltd., it...