Livescribe is a privately held, venture-funded, consumer-electronics company that is blazing new trails in the area of digital speech and handwriting and is changing the way people write, learn and communicate. Livescribe products enable consumers to capture handwriting and speech, integrate them as one interactive medium, and share the result with other people, applications or services – directly from pen, paper or tablet, to the Web or other Internet-connected devices.
Check out this quick video for a glimpse into our products:
Would you like to be in an ownership position with a hand in defining the role of QA and the development process? As a key leader within Livescribe’s Software Quality Assurance Team you will engage directly with our Cloud Services and Web Operations Product Teams and will be responsible for shaping and driving the execution of the automation testing strategy and product quality.
We are seeking an experienced software quality assurance engineer with a passion for scalable web systems, the technical capacity to work beside some of our strongest developers, the maturity to be a leader of a team of contributors – some local, some remote, and the ability to thrive in highly collaborative teams. If this sounds like a great environment to you (and it is) and one you would like to continue to help mold, please read on.
- Responsible for driving and implementing the quality strategy for cloud services and applications (both front-end & back-end). Develop test plans and approaches; specify test cases; ensure that quality plan and executed test coverage is complete.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to review and understand functional requirements, contribute to Iteration and Release planning, and drive QA activities for Cloud Services and Web projects. Participate in software requirement and implementation design reviews.
- Ownership of our Cloud/Web test automation strategy.
- Build test automation framework and work with engineers to write automated tests.
- Oversee execution of manual and automated tests; report and analyze results.
- Partner with the development team to improve Build and Continuous Integration process and tools. Create a supporting suite of automated tests (smoke, test, regression suite, etc.).
- Help the team to capture performance data, and drive the analysis and resolution of key quality issues and performance problems impacting design and production.
- Responsible for working with software quality leadership team to own and improve software quality process and provide visibility to product quality across the system.
- Recommend appropriate QA automation & performance tools for developing, running tests, and analyzing results.
- Effectively communicate cross functionally and across department boundaries
- 5+ years in web-services software development and/or QA with preferably 2+ years in a technical leadership role
- 2+ years in QA as part of an Agile team with at least 2 product releases
- Strong QA process documentation & communication skills
- Must have a solid understanding of modern automated software validation techniques as it applies to automation of web services and systems
- Expertise with Open Source Software & Web Automation tools; experience using Selenium, JUnit, JMeter, Quick Test Pro, Test Complete or equivalent tools
- Experience with automation script programming; familiarity with at least one major programming/scripting language e.g., Python / Java / Perl / bash
- Demonstrated knowledge of performance evaluation (identifying benchmarks, developing and executing strategies, collaboration with PM to satisfy business needs, scalability, etc)
- Software management experience for cloud and web systems, including deployment of front end, database and service changes; ability to manage complex integration testing of web systems
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong technical capacity and ability to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation packages include competitive salaries and stock incentives. We are headquartered in Oakland, CA with easy access from 880 and a free shuttle from BART. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience implementing automation and automation practices
- Solid understanding of the Agile software development lifecycle and ability to help implement and maintain
- Able to work independently and capable of aligning actions
- Knowledgeable of software development lifecycle tools (source control, defect tracking systems, release management)
- Proficient knowledge of HTML, CSS, Apache, SQL, AJAX , UNIX/Linux, REST APIs, iOS, Android
Livescribe - 23 months ago