Posting Job Title: Quota Routing Coordinator
Requisition #: 145971BR
Posting Location: Austin, TX, US
Area of Interest: Administrative/Clerical
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Maintain staffing calendars for Service and Installation departments.
- Coordinate vacations, contractor staffing, training, and other events that affect staffing with Installation and Service supervisors and managers to ensure quota and routing functions are successful.
- Ensure quota is maximized and time to wait for next appointment in both Service and Installation is minimized by continually monitoring and adjusting quota according to efficient use of staffing, and alerting management as more or less staffing is required.
- Update Excel spreadsheets through the use of formulas and update links for accurate calculation of current staffing by time frame according to schedule.
- Track daily staffing levels.
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Efficiently route service and installation work to both in-house staff and contractors to minimize drive time, maximize on time guarantee, maximize productivity, and create the least cost model for the department, according to guidelines provided by management.
- Provide assistance in scheduling and routing for customer concerns and other issues which require special attention.
- Answer calls and emails for quota assistance and provide appropriate responses to intranet requests according to guidelines provided by management.
- Route quality assurance forms; track customer concerns and completion of work orders.
- Follow up on any customer issues to resolution to ensure maximum completion of work and highest customer satisfaction.
- Provide assistance and backup to dispatchers on the radio or phones when needed.
FCC Unit_TWC: 1221
- High school diploma or GED/ GED equivalent or minimum five (5) years of directly related experience required.
- One year customer service and dispatch/work routing experience is required. Experience utilizing Excel spreadsheets is preferred.
- Must be patient, flexible, organized, dependable, and able to work with minimal to no supervision, have a high level of accuracy, and have a good attendance record.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have good interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and promote teamwork among co-workers.
- Excellent reading, writing and telephone skills are required.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages and decimals.
- Knowledge of geographical areas of city for routing, understanding of time requirements to complete cable work, preparation of reports using Excel, use of web-based tools and/or ticketing systems is helpful.
- Demonstrated mastery in problem solving, multi- tasking, customer service, and dispatching skills
Controlling Establishment ID: 00690 - Austin West Howard Ln
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...