The Beacon Lighting Quotations Manager is responsible for leading the pricing quotations needs of domestic and international sales agents. The Quotations Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day quote activities of the Quotes Specialist to ensure consistent and competitive pricing positioning of Beacon Products.
The Quotations Manager will communicate and practice pricing strategies in support of ongoing sales efforts. Key objectives include the optimization of company sales and profit objectives through effective pricing management.
On an external basis, the Quotations Manager primarily interacts with the agency sales force and third party vendors. Internally the Quotations Manager routinely interacts with the other pricing related positions. Additional internal interaction includes (but is not limited to) Sales Management, Credit, Customer Service, and Brand Product Marketing personnel.
The Quotations Manager will be responsible for studying and communicating competitive and brand pricing issues. They will be responsible for quotations follow-up and monthly quote activity reporting
. Issues quotations for US, Canadian, and International agents, considering factors such as cost, margin and competitive price analysis.
2. Manage the day-to-day activities of the Quotes Specialist. Responsibilities would include:
-Communicating the company’s strategic pricing direction in actionable terms for the day-to-day processing of quotations.
-First point of escalation for quotation or price related issues.
-Conduct annual performance evaluations
3. Coordinates ETO (Engineered-To-Order) requirements with Sustaining Engineering and Cost Accounting to support the issuance of quotations for such products
4. Supports the Order Administration process by resolving Customer Blocks where pricing is incorrect of a quotation reference is missing.
5. Maintains a current awareness of market pricing trends by product type, including competitive pricing, and communicates recommended product-specific price level adjustments to senior. Management.
6. Participates in the rollout of price changes.
7. Collaborates with agents and the applicable Regional Sales Manager(s) to identify and pursue significant sales opportunities including key jobs and strategic accounts.
8. Serve as key contact for technical information such as IES files, test reports, submittal sheets and lighting layouts.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, with an equivalent combination of education and experience also considered.
- Related company or industry experience 5 (+) years and exposure to agency bidding process, agent/company interaction, negotiation, and organizational skills will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5 (+) years of experience in the commercial/industrial electrical industry is required. Lighting industry experience is preferred; with experience with outdoor lighting luminaires a strong plus.
- Possess the ability to operate in a continual mode of negotiation, coaching and decision making.
- An in-depth understanding of business dynamics related to sales and marketing objectives and their impact on financial results.
- Experience with current ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, J.D. Edwards, Peoplesoft, etc.) and/or pricing optimization software (ex: Zilliant) is a strong plus.
- Experience in AutoCAD and AGI design software is preferred.
EEO AA: M/F/D/V
Hubbell Incorporated - 13 months ago
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and...