Zoltek is looking for an R&D Chemist Intern to join our team at our Composite Intermediates facility and R&D Center in St. Peters, MO. As a R&D Chemist Intern your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Product Development – support sizing trials and subsequent candidate evaluations, related to their performance in various thermoset/thermoplastic resin matrices and related production processes.
- Method development (alternates to current acid digestion, QC procedure for imidization (cure) check on high-temperature products (-83/-85)
- Thermal analysis (DSC, TGA, Rheometer) support for characterization of sizings & resin formulations
- Product stewardship – update & organize information for use in support of marketing/sales (food contact, global chemical inventory compliance, etc.)
The internship is planned for June-August 2014 with the potential of continued part-time or full-time employment.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university degree program, working towards a Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Chemistry with 2014 or 2015 graduation date.
- Hands on lab experience
- Experience with polymers desired
- Resourceful, able to work independently
- Effective communicator, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to produce extremely accurate results
- Able to maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- Able to maintain a clean and safe lab environment
For immediate consideration please submit your resume by clicking on the "I'm Interested" button!
Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.
Over the past decade and more, Zoltek has enunciated a clear vision and a consistent strategy. We endured our dark years and we have been...