We are looking for your talent and expertise in electrical engineering to expand the footprint of Agilent’s laser interferometer systems. Typical responsibilities for this position include the following:
This full-time position is for an R&D engineer located in Santa Clara.
- Design, simulate, prototype, and debug novel analog and mixed signal electrical circuits
- Engage multiple projected teams to identify ways in which novel circuit designs can create opportunities for unique differentiation in instrumentation hardware
- Continuously monitor and interact with academic research labs engaged in leading edge development of novel circuit topologies and new data converters
- Deep expertise in the development and characterization of precision electronics
- Demonstrated ability to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot complex optical and electrical systems.
- Experience in RF design
- Demonstrated track record of novel research via publications, patents, etc.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and leadership skills; ability to lead discussions with business and academic partners regarding research results and direction.
- Strong analytical skills and decision making ability.
- Ability to excel in a multidisciplinary project team.
1) Minimum Qualifications• 10 years in SW field with MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or EECS, MS degree EE or equivalent
2) Experience programming under one of more of the following operating systems: Linux, Windows, VxWorks
3) Experience with scripting languages such as TCL, Perl, or Python
4) Experience with C programming language and tools &Visual Basic
5) GNU C (gcc), Visual Studio, GNU make
6) C preprocessor and linker
7) Text editors such as vim, emacs, or Notepad++
8) Experience with lab equipment for hardware verification such as oscilloscopes, function generators, logic analyzers
9) Experience with test automation using GPIB, LXI, etc.
10) Experience with NI TestStand
11) Experience with test automation using C programming language a plus.
12) Basic understanding of Hardware and PCA design with signal integrity fundamentals
13) Strong data analysis skills.• Excellent communication skills.• Ability to function effectively in a team environment.• Ability to quickly learn new technologies
14) Experience with object oriented languages. C++ Java.
15) Real-hands on training in Software and Hardware developments
16) Strong communication and teamwork skills
17) Embedded uProcessor and DSP knowledge
18) Understanding of operating systems and software drivers
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer.
Products from Agilent Technologies have a measurable effect on the scientific world. A leading maker of scientific testing equipment,...