We have something special inside, do you?
Are you looking to join a growing global leader, in a category experiencing explosive growth and have a passion for driving rapid product innovation? Then The Dannon Company, Inc. is the place for you! At Dannon we believe that the company’s role in society goes beyond the production of nutritious, great-tasting foods. We are committed to helping people make informed food choices that improve their nutrition and health. We opened a state-of-the-art R&D facility in White Plains, NY last year. We seek an innovative Package Developer that can think outside the box, bring a strategic partnership to the business, and be responsible for the research & development of packaging assemblies in support of Dannon’s/Danone North America unit.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Supporting Dannon Innovation process by proposing, developing and implementing packaging options
- Demonstrating creativity in the development of packaging systems
- Researching and Developing new packaging materials, shapes and assemblies in support of the Dannon portfolio of brands and products
- Developing primary, secondary and transport packaging in support of the business units at Dannon (Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Engineering and Supply Chain)
- Delivering technical guidance and packaging engineering support to the business units
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with vendors, suppliers, sister Danone companies, plants, co-manufacturers and other sources of applicable technologies
- Contributing to the packaging development for projects of all sizes
- The creation and maintenance of the packaging specifications for the Dannon brands
- Organizing and conducting trials in an industrial environment
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS/BA degree required, Master degree in Sciences or Engineering preferred ( Packaging, Mechanical, Chemical or related engineering science)
- 3 to 5 years experience in a packaging engineering field
- Experience in thermoforming, injection molding and extrusion blow molding
- Experience with polyolefins (PE,PP,HDPE,PS), their properties and use as food containers
- Knowledge in sachets, pouches and related flexible packaging
- Experience in barriers properties of packaging materials
- Experience in the use of statistical tools for problem solving
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office software, Microsoft Project, CAPE or TOPS, and Autocad
- Demonstrated Leadership in cross functional teams involving marketing, sales, purchasing and manufacturing in the development of new products
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent business skills and understand the levers of R&D in brand P&Ls
- Self starter, autonomous and demonstrated ability to bring new unsolicited ideas and solutions to the table
The Dannon Company is America’s founding national yogurt company and continually leverages its expertise to develop and market innovative cultured fresh dairy products in the United States. Headquartered in White Plains, NY, Dannon has plants in Minster, OH, Fort Worth, TX, and West Jordan, UT and produces approximately 100 different types of flavors, styles and sizes of cultured fresh dairy products. Dannon is a subsidiary of Danone, one of the world’s leading producers of packaged foods and beverages. Danone’s mission is to bring health through tasty, nutritious and affordable food and beverage products to as many people as possible. Dannon is the top-selling brand of yogurt products worldwide, sold under the names Dannon and Danone. With a strong commitment to high-quality, wholesome, nutritious and innovative products, The Dannon Company is committed to encouraging healthy eating and healthy living. Danone is a recognized leader for its contributions to nutrition and health and was ranked best in class in a 2008 JPMorgan & Insight Investment study about the response of the world’s largest food companies to obesity and health-related concerns. This commitment is also illustrated through The Dannon Company’s support of the Dannon Institute, an independent, non-profit foundation dedicated to promoting research, education, and communication about the links between nutrition, diet and health.
For more information, please visit www.dannon.com and follow our Facebook page http://on.fb.me/dannon-jobs
The Dannon Company is an equal opportunity employer.
The Dannon Company, Inc. - 2 years ago