• Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or related specialty.
• Minimum of 5 years R&D related experience in the food industry.
• Knowledge in food science, nutrition, labeling regulations, ingredients functionality and food processing.
• Proven project management skills required.
• Highly effective team player; willing to contribute in a wide variety of areas.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good interpersonal abilities.
• Ability to think independently and quickly to resolve issues.
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to react rapidly to changes in direction.
• Ability to work with ambiguity and seek creative solutions.
• Computer skills include Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, database and internet tools.
• Exposure to food service equipment (warmers, ovens, grill, toaster, microwave, slicer, etc.), cleaning and sanitizing chemicals for equipment and dry ice is a plus
• Experience in microwave product development and MAP packaging is a plus.
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), MAP (Modified Atmosphere Packaging), NLEA (Nutritional Labeling Education Act) and FALCPA (Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act.)
This position will support the R&D efforts for Deli Express and work on assigned new product development projects. This will include new products produced at our facility in Eden Prairie as well as helping to source products produced by third parties. We are looking for a highly talented, highly motivated individual to join our R&D team to support our long range growth plans for the division.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
Working on assigned product development projects for the Deli Express brand by contributing ideas; building, testing and evaluating prototypes; and calculating costs.
Updating and maintaining recipe books and files.
Updating, creating and maintaining nutritional and ingredient labeling.
Completing competitive research analysis.
Conducting research studies including test design and writing conclusions.
Entry level work including time spent on production floor in 45 degree temperatures.
E.A. Sween Company was founded in 1955 and is the proud parent company for the Deli Express® Brand.
The company’s headquarters...