MakerBot is looking for an R&D Software Engineer who will be responsible for developing software and firmware for new products programming in C, C++, or Python. Organize and lead efforts in the software space and interact closely with the highly skilled hardware, mechanical design, UI and industrial design teams to identify and resolve potential risks to schedules, testing and quality. You will work creatively to meet the future plans of MakerBot's Product Roadmap.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to interact with a wide range of users
- 5+ years professional C, C++, or Python experience
- Linux programming experience
- Experience meeting tight deadline
- Excellent teamwork, accountability, and attention to detail
- Developing cross-functional project plans to successfully deliver new product, process and innovative solutions
- Responsible for effective planning, scheduling, execution, and documentation of technical aspects of R&D Software development
- Supporting the definition of scope, project goals, and success criteria
- Clearly communicating project status, risks, and scope creep
- Bachelor's Degree: Computer Science
- Demonstrated ability to be hands on, work hard and hustle
- Demonstrated project Management skills - MS Project, Excel
- Knowledge of design engineering, particularly in electro-mechanical or consumer products
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with a wide range of users
- Project work with Electro-Mechanical devices
- Embedded programming experience
- Previous experience working on Polygonal Meshing applications
Founded in 2009, Brooklyn-based MakerBot has grown to be a global leader in desktop 3D printing. MakerBot had 16 percent market share of all 3D printers (industrial and personal) made from 2009 to the end of 2011. In 2011, MakerBot had 21.6 percent market share. In 2012, MakerBot estimates that it now has a 25 percent market share of the 3D printer market. There are more than 15,000 MakerBot Desktop 3D Printers in use by engineers, designers, researchers, and people who just like to make things. The MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer has been named Popular Mechanics “Overall Winner” for best 3D printer and was honored as one of Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2012. In addition, MakerBot was named “Best Emerging Tech” at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show, won Popular Mechanics Editor's Choice Award, the Popular Science Product of the Year, and recently was awarded the Fast Company 2012 Innovation by Design Award as well as being named by Fast Company as “One of the World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.” And MakerBot was recently awarded a TechCrunch Crunchies Award for best hardware start-up. The company has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, the Economist, Wired, The Colbert Report, Fast Company, Engadget, Make: Magazine, Rolling Stone, Time.com, IEEE Spectrum, CNN, Financial Times, NPR, Vogue Italia and many others.
Makerbot Industries - 16 months ago
What’s it like to work at MakerBot?
Are you interested in joining a collaborative, creative environment where innovation and hard...