- West Fargo, ND;
• Responsible for design, development and improvement of product and component designs for both product development and product improvement projects.
• Ensure fit, form and function, and establish key characteristics of component designs.
• Work with Engineers to address product updates and concerns, and work with internal quality and customer service departments to identify product improvement opportunities.
• Create and track ECN’s (Engineering Changing Notices), update drawings and documents—ensuring they meet drafting standards.
• Brainstorm ideas and model concepts, prototype new designs, and train manufacturing personnel on product design changes and upgrades.
• Become intimately familiar with product components and designs—how they relate to field performance, product improvement and certification testing.
Skills and Experience
• Associate’s degree from a two year technical college or trade school or equivalent education/training is preferred. Two or more years of experience in product design field is required.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Awareness of safety issues/concerns.
• Self motivated, dependable and trustworthy.
• Knowledge of 2D and 3D Modeling (Inventor preferred).
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
Marvin Windows and Doors is a premier manufacturer of made-to-order wood and clad wood windows and doors. A privately-held, family-owned...