Revolution Analytics requires the services of experienced freelance R programmers for the design, development, and delivery of R programs to meet the analytics needs of our enterprise customers. You’ll use your expert level knowledge of R and statistical methods to deliver R scripting solutions in support of analytics consulting projects to Revolution customers in the fields of Finance, Pharma, Mfg’g, and more, as managed by our Professional Services team.
- Work collaboratively with the customer and our Services team to design and implement analytics solutions based on formal project proposals.
- Utilize your expert-level knowledge of analytics and R programming to create scripts capable of data access, manipulation, modeling, prediction, visualization, and reporting.
- Integrate R with data source and delivery systems.
- Develop and execute test plans consistent with customer requirements.
- Ensure successful and timely completion of project deliverables.
- Summarize progress as needed to support project reviews with customers.
- Support deployment and test of solutions in the customer environment.
- Lead and/or participate in knowledge transfer and code walkthroughs with customers.
- Employ coding standards and advance guidelines for efficient and effective R programming.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
- MS or equivalent in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years in consulting or enterprise IT with system integration and application development experience under Windows and/or Linux.
- Expert in R programming including some experience with database interfaces.
- Additional experience with one or more of the following: Hadoop, MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, Talend, Ab Initio, Perl, Ruby, C++, shell, PMML, Jaspersoft, web services, cloud computing.
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills working with diverse teams.
- Ability to travel for on-site customer work is a plus.
To apply, please send resume, R programming samples, availability, and preferred rates to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Freelance work of 1-3 month duration. May be part- or full-time depending on project.
- Some projects may require on-site work at the customer’s location.
Revolution Analytics - 12 months ago