We have experienced continuous growth and increased revenue since inception! Agilex is an employee-owned, privately held company where achievements are recognized and rewarded. Based in Chantilly, Virginia and founded in 2007, Agilex provides mission and technology consulting, software and solution development, and system integration services. Agilex was founded with the notion to bring together business expertise with the foremost database and IT knowledge to offer clients innovative thinking on leveraging advanced technologies within the Healthcare IT, Intelligence, Homeland Security and Government Services Sectors.
Employees are eligible to earn stock based on performance. Want to work with a group of professionals who have very successful track records and who expect, look forward to and value the ideas of others? If the answer is yes, please take a look at our career opportunities and contact us so that we can talk to you about taking your career
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is migrating its application server and Oracle infrastructure from Sun hardware to Hewlett Packard (HP) blade servers running Red Hat Linux, which is driving a need to move multiple legacy environments to the new architecture. At the same time, standardization of the development and test environments will be accomplished. The FDIC requires engineering support to build out the new production Oracle environment on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux and help developing processes, procedures, as well as support for migrating applications to this new environment.
The RAC Database Specialist will work together with the Project Manager and a highly skilled technical team to:
o Installation and Configuration
- Contribute substantially to the system architecture, design, and development of the DB layer
- Participate in design and code reviews, documentation of design, and implementation of methodologies to ensure high quality database implementations
- Work with system architects to improve existing OLTP model, transaction cost reduction, and increase the overall data throughput
- Tune SQL queries and database performance for OLTP and DSS applications within the development environment
- Diagnose and troubleshoot performance problems using Method-R performance analysis methodology.
- Implement key database instrumentation tool sets
- Assist in data modeling processes
- Set-up and execute database performance benchmarks.
- Implement database administration and performance best practices.
- Execute benchmark simulations for critical use cases.
- Perform database system and SQL profiling activities based on poorly performing use cases. Refactor poorly performing SQL when necessary.
- Review and tune initialization parameters, memory structures and physical data layout for optimal performance.
- Database design, table design, data modeling & performance tuning
- Create and maintain tools that simplify Database Support tasks
- Troubleshoot performance issues on application backends & databases
- Design, code, and test new features and functionality based on requirements provided
- Design software maintenance and bug fix procedures
- Assist in implementing large-scale Oracle Grid clusters using Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and Oracle Grid Control (OEM).
- Implement best practice examples for Oracle RAC, ASM and Data Guard operational procedures related to:
o Performance Management including tuning and capacity planning
o Backup and Recovery using RMAN
o Failover and fail-back operations
o Patching and upgrade activities, including rolling upgrades
o Cluster expansion through node additions
o Cluster management during node evictions and emergency situations
o Storage configuration for ASM
o Clusterware monitoring and diagnosis procedures
2011 National Capital Business Ethics Award Winner (Medium Company Category
- BS or MS in Comp Science or Engineering preferred.
- Customer consultative experience required.
- Proven strong innovative and analytical ability with extensive implementation skills.
- Must be a team player, and have excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, and a commitment to quality work
- Expert on DBMS kernels with distinguished achievements on database query optimization
- Proven success in performance optimization for such OLTP and OLAP applications like SAP, Peoplesoft, Siebel, or others.
- Proven track record in building and operating highly scalable/performing/24x7 web-enabled database applications
- 6-8 years of experience as a database administrator and/or developer.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle (PL/SQL)
- Experience working in both OLTP and Data Warehouse environments
- Enthusiastic interest in mastering monitoring and management software (Quest, Hotsos and other database related tools)
- Experience with two or more versions of Oracle (8i/9i/10g) on UNIX and/or Windows platforms for an enterprise application
- Experience working with a Product Development team in an agile software development environment
- Demonstrated proficiency of troubleshooting techniques and detail-oriented problem diagnosis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Oracle JDeveloper, Oracle SQL Developer, TOAD, or equivalent tools
- Minimum 4 years of experience in: database design, setup, and maintenance; product database deployment and operations
- Qualified candidate must have in-depth Oracle experience with installation, configuration, performance tuning, high availability, backup/restore and application development for enterprise class systems
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle Real Application Clusters on Linux
- Experience in working with storage and SANs in an ASM environment
- Experience in using RMAN in a RAC / Data Guard environment
Agilex Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
Agilex - Realize the Value of Information
Agilex is changing the game in the enterprise IT services business by bringing together some of the most noteworthy professionals in...