Position Reports To: Baton Rouge, LA Manager & RSO
Position Summary: The Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) is the lead technical expert on the Radiation Safety Team and acts as the principal technical resource to the Mistras Services Group Beaumont, TX. The RSO is responsible for assuring that all job sites and the Beaumont facility use of radiation conform with the MISTRAS Radioactive Material License, selected industry standards, and applicable government regulations. The RSO is responsible to assure that radiation exposures to personnel are as low as reasonably achievable.
• Review state and federal laws and Mistras O & E to recommend modifications to enhance and ensure the compliance, safety, and efficiency of the MISTRAS Radiation Safety Program.
• Perform and/or review investigations of overexposures, accidents, losses, thefts,
unauthorized receipts, misuses, or other deviations from approved radiation safety
practice and implement corrective actions when necessary.
• Respond to radiation safety emergencies, and prepare and submit reports to the
appropriate governing bodies.
• Perform radiation safety audits and recommend improvements at each service
location within the Mistras network.
• Consolidate and computerize various program aspects. Improve and advance the overall culture of the Radiation Safety Program.
• Associates or Bachelors Degree from either a college or a trade school or equivalent experience.
• Must possess the desire to develop position and take on a more compliant role in the future.
• Must have the background and expertise to move into the Beaumont Compliance Officer role.
• Must have (or acquire) formal training in the establishment and maintenance of a
Radiation protection program. Must possess experience in the establishment andmaintenance of a radiation protection program.
• Must be a certified Radiographer.
• Travel – Minimum 40%.
• Must be willing to perform radiography at job sites as needed.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mistras Group, Inc. (Mistras) is a global provider of technology-enabled, non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions used to evaluate the...