- Related course work or training is required
- PURPOSE OF YOUR POSITION
- Under the direction of a Radiologist performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment. Established position and technical factors to obtain diagnostic radiographs.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work requires very frequent walking to various areas of the hospital. Must be able to stand, stoop, lift and grab necessary items to maintain and perform radiology procedures (51-80% of work time).
- Work requires frequent lifting and positioning patients up to 150 lbs. May be required to lift heavier capacities with mechanical lifts, walkers, additional staff, etc (21-50% of work time).
- Required to wear necessary radiation protection attire (weight is approximately 20-30lbs) to perform radiology procedures/exams (51-80% of work time).
- Work requires manual dexterity for purposes of utilizing necessary equipment to maintain and perform radiology exams. Must be able to handle equipment without assistance. (i.e. C-arms, Portable Radiographic Units, wheelchairs).
- Work may require occasional, short-distance travel to other Evangelical offsite locations to cover shifts (6-20% of work time).
- ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled, indoor setting with very frequent radiation and ionizing exposure. Work requires the use of necessary safety equipment and radiation protection devices and principles while working with and around hazardous conditions (51-80% of work time).
- Work may occasionally involve working in areas with varying light levels and distasteful patient related activities (6-20% of work time).
- Must be available for on-call in emergency situations and/or available to work weekend or rotating shifts (6-20% of work time).
- Universal Precautions apply.
- Graduate of an accredited ARRT program.
- Preferably within 6 months of hire date, will successfully pass and maintain ARRT National examination.
- BLS certification required.
- Pennsylvania state police criminal record check, child abuse history clearance and an FBI criminal history check required.
- Work requires basic computer literacy skills and keyboard proficiency. Must have knowledge of picture archival and communication system to document and scan films. Must also have experience working with clinical documentation systems and hospital information systems. Work requires basic skills in Microsoft Word.
- Work requires interpersonal skills to communicate with team members and a high level of social sensitivity when communicating with patients to explain procedures and/or tests. Must be compassionate, professional, and empathetic when handling patient complaints and concerns while remaining focused on providing a positive patient experience (more than 80% of work time).
- Work requires analytical ability to find solutions to problems. Must be able to integrate and interpret data from diverse sources to identify solutions. Independent judgment is frequently required to choose the best procedure technique and determine power level on x-ray and other equipment to get the best results. Will be required to work alone and without immediate assistance (51-80% of work time).
- Work requires a high level of mental and visual focus requiring mental application and attention to detail. Work is performed under tight deadlines, must possess excellent time management and functional organizational skills to manage a variety of tasks in a short period of time. (more than 80% of work time).
Evangelical Community Hospital - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard