The Staff Radiology Technologist is responsible for
radiological patient care from neonatal to geriatric ages.
This person performs related duties to provide quality care
dictated by departmental and hospital policies and
1. Consistently obtains diagnostic quality radiographs as
ordered by a medical staff member.
2. Accurately determines the quality of the radiographs.
3. Always is prompt and dependable when on call.
4. Correctly prepares oral and IV contrast media.
5. Knows and applies radiation safety precautions.
6. Accurately sets up and operates mobile equipment in
surgery and the patient ward.
7. Correctly operates all exposure, processing, computer
and Computed Radiography equipment.
8. Checks and processes patient exam information.
9. Assists Radiologist during designated procedures.
10. Assists with training and mentoring Radiology students
and new employees.
11. Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the
HMHD Compliance Plan.
12. Team member's conduct reflects HMHD's values and a
commitment to HMHD Code of Conduct.
13. Team member attends the required corporate integrity
and compliance training and education programs.
14. Team member demonstrates proficiency in understanding
the materials presented during the corporate integrity
15. Assists in other areas where trained and as needed.
Performs any other tasks to fill the needs of the
department, the hospital and its patients.
16. Consistently contributes to the achievement of
excellence in health care through the quality and caring
values of the mission and vision of Hunt Memorial
The above statements reflect the general duties considered
necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as
identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description
of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the
Graduate of approved Radiology Technology School and
registered by a recognized registry. Must possess Texas
State Licensure. Must have current CPR certification or be willing
to become certified.