RN License or Eligible for Limited Permit Required
Under the general direction of the Nurse Manager, the Staff Nurse provides direct patient care. The staff Nurse collaborates with patients, family/significant others, peers, physicians and other members of the healthcare team in the delivery of healthcare services to patients. The Staff Nurse assesses patient's needs, plans care, implements and evaluates the medical and nursing regimens in accordance with the hospital and nursing philosophy, policies/procedures and standards. He/she demonstrates leadership/management skills and a commitment to professional accountability and growth.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
- Utilizes all aspects of the nursing process to meet the age specific needs of the patient in biophysical, psychosocial, education, safety/ environment and discharge planning, integrates patient rights into work practice.
- Utilizes and monitors methods of Infection Control, participates in the PI and Risk Management programs, demonstrates competency by completing all established standards.
- Utilizes appropriate steps in the decision making process to include recognition, data collection, priority setting, resource utilization, and offering of suggestions through collaboration with the health care team.
- Productive through punctuality, observing time limits on breaks, using periods of low activity to the unit/ patient benefit, effective time management, consistent level of performance that ensures social/ personal activities do not interfere with work.
- Shows interest and commitment through attendance at inservices, updating the SDR, participation in projects/ PI, maturation towards own self development, maintains current required certification (s).
- Assumes accountability for completion of competency standards and accepts constructive criticism and follows through to implement corrective measures.
- Is cooperative and professional though response to change, assistance to peers and effective communication among the health care team.
- Flexible in staffing and adjustment to assignments.
- Maintains a positive attitude with positive responses requiring conflict resolution.
- Practices cost containment measures.
- Adheres to all WPHC policies and procedures, dress code, code of conduct and meets all mandatory inservices and standard for attendance.
- Assumes Charge Nurse responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
§ Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current New York registration or eligible for licensure (interim permit).
§ Knowledge of current nursing, medical and health trends and practices in rendering of patient care.
§ BCLS Certification is required.
§ Successful completion of Departmental and Unit Orientation Program, according to unit guidelines.
White Plains Hospital Center - 2 years ago
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...