Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. Many times, these are the first people that our customers come in contact with, or are the people that our customers rely on to provide directions, medical or financial assistance or confide in for personal needs. As such we value your knowledge and interaction with the customer that enhances their overall experience at our hospital, and makes this a great place to work. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Radiology Supervisor.
- Maintains an organized flow of the patients scheduled, coordinate examinations in the most efficient order and perform exams in a sequence which minimizes the patient’s stay in the hospital.
- Acts as liaison between physicians, hospital clinicians, nurses, residents, etc. to optimize patient care.
- Interacts with physicians and other technical staff to provide quality, safe and efficient care for the patient.
- Ensures optimum staffing in general radiology, surgery, orthopedics, sports medicine and GI/GU.
- Maintains a patient-centered focus and strives to support the mission, goals and values of the hospital, department and division.
- Responsible for ensuring that all division activity is performed in an efficient, organized and safe manner with an optimum degree of accuracy.
- Responsible for the quality control of all films.
- Lead complaint control.
- Assumes responsibility for performing patient care activities and other tasks that contribute to the patient’s examination and treatment, as required.
- Positions patients for all types of procedures and provide proper immobilization.
- Attends to patient’s comfort during procedures.
- Identifies nursing needs and notifies nursing or physician personnel if assistance is needed.
- Demonstrates technical expertise in properly caring for the equipment and equipment calibrations and promptly reporting malfunctions.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Registered in radiography by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Minimum three to five years of staff technologist experience required.
- Minimum three years supervisory experience preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Must be licensed by the State of Kansas Board of Healing Arts within 6 months of employment and/or one month of becoming registered by the ARRT.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard