Location: R.A.L.L.Y (Mendenhall River Community School)
Part-Time Position (.5333 FTE)
SUMMARY: At an assigned school site, assists the RALLY Site Manager with operating the program. Leads and participates in recreational and education activities with students. This position is based at Mendenhall Community School, but the employee may be re-assigned by the RALLY Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 12 semester credits in early childhood development, CDA (Childhood Development Associate), or courses approved by the State childcare licensing agency.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Prior experience working in a professional childcare organization preferred.
- CPR, first-aid and certificate in district-approved behavioral management techniques may be required.
- Valid Alaska driver's license required.
- Principles and practices of childcare.
- Regulatory and subsidy requirements as they affect RALLY.
- RALLY policy and procedure.
- Alaska Administrative Code for licensed childcare centers.
- Personal computers and related software.
- School district policy.
- Early childhood development.
- Child behavior management.
- Principles of supervision.
COMPENSATION: This is a part-time 12-month position, working 20 hours per week, with a starting salary of $17.92 per hour. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) plan, and paid time off.
- Provide technical leadership in on-site daycare operations.
- Assist in selection and scheduling of staff.
- Establish and work to a budget.
- Plan snack menus.
- Procure program supplies and materials.
- Develop, implement, and enforce discipline strategies.
- communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Operate a personal computer and related software.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
How to Apply: Visit our website at www.juneauschools.org to complete an electronic application.
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints will be forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a criminal background check.
k12jobspot.com - 11 months ago