Under the direction of the Revenue Cycle Training Director, the Revenue Cycle Technical Writer is primarily responsible for composing materials to support SJHS training development and implementation. This individual reviews curriculum content and develops documentation such as reference manuals, policies and procedures, reference tools, user guides, job aides, and testing materials to reinforce SJHS Revenue Cycle training initiatives. This individual also collaborates with subject matter experts to ensure the accuracy of documented information and contributes to the management of documentation libraries. In addition, the Revenue Cycle Technical Writer assists with the design and development of curricula consistent with adult learning principles and instructional systems design.
Essential Values-Based Competencies:
Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System:
Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal
Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus and adaptability.
Demonstrates competence in community orientation and stewardship.
1. Evaluate training documentation and coordinate with SJHS training staff to determine preferred documentation types and optimal communication methods; provide training staff with additional material recommendations.
2. Assists with the design and creation of course curricula, skill checks, lesson plans and training support materials.
3. Organize material and complete writing assignments according to pre-set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
4. Analyze and proofread materials in terms of grammatical correctness, conciseness, structure, clarity of expression, conformity to required style, organization, presentation, and technical accuracy.
5. Adapt, edit, and standardize proposed training materials prepared by other SJHS personnel.
6. Review currently published revenue cycle materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
7. Confer and collaborate with vendors (when applicable) to establish technical specifications and determine additional subject material to be developed for publication.
8. Liaise with appropriate IS system representatives to edit and publish web-based training documentation.
9. Propose effective solutions for process and technology improvements related to documentation development.
10. Develop and integrate graphics into deliverable documents as required.
1. Identify and alert a member of the management staff of any situation that may negatively impact the patient, department operations, public relations, or the hospital's integrity.
2. Promote a Customer Service orientation in the performance of position duties and responsibilities and in interactions with SJHS staff and contractors.
3. Maintain confidentiality of information.
4. Responsible for performing miscellaneous duties related to training and development.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills/ Abilities:
1. Demonstrated experience in technical writing for training-focused documentation.
2. Exceptional written communication skills and demonstrated ability to design documentation for clarity, accuracy, and organization.
3. Basic understanding of operations and leading practices across the revenue cycle continuum.
4. Exceptional organizational skills, with the demonstrated ability to balance multiple initiatives simultaneously.
5. Self-directed and motivated with systematic and orderly planning abilities and high attention to details.
6. Ability to establish and manage complex and effective relationships.
7. Customer-focused attitude and ability to work proactively and efficiently with appropriate urgency.
8. Work independently, be self directed, and work effectively with individuals that have a wide diversified background.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
1 or more years experience in technical writing or related field required.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
1. 3 or more years of technical writing in a healthcare environment, preferred.
2. Basic understanding of provider reimbursement strategies in a managed healthcare business.
St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico.
SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations. SJH maintains a 'continuum of care,' matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states. For the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor - the Great Workplace Award. SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system.
St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do.
Excellent compensation program and benefits provided. SJH is an EEO/AA Employer.
Revenue Cycle Services
3345 Michelson Drive
3345 Michelson Drive
St. Joseph Health - 8 months ago