Position: Mechanical Technician
Location : Danbury, CT
About our Company :
FuelCell Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCEL) is a world leader in the development and manufacture of fuel cell power plants for clean, efficient and reliable electric power generation. With approximately 180 megawatts of power generation capacity installed or in backlog, we are a global leader in providing ultra-clean baseload distributed generation to utilities, industrial operations, universities, municipal facilities, government installations and other customers around the world. Our power plants have generated over one billion kilowatt hours of power using a variety of fuels including renewable biogas from wastewater treatment and food processing, as well as clean natural gas. The Company is currently in a growth mode and engaged in significant commercial development activities to ramp the business and sales of our DFC ® Power Plants.
- Repair and overhaul power generating equipment and associated systems components
- Disassemble end of life fuel cell power plants and their associated systems and refurbish salvageable components
- Analyze equipment and perform mechanical, electrical and instrumentation measurements post operation
Education: A.S. or trade school, directly applicable, experience
Experience: 3 plus years working with industrial equipment (large power generating a plus).
Ideal candidate will have / be:
We offer a competitive pay, opportunity, and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid leave.
- Require basic mechanical skills and experience with hand tools.
- Welding, fabrication and Fork Truck experience a plus.
- Electrical or instrumentation background a plus.
- QC or measurement experience a plus.
- Basic computer skills and experience using programs such as MS-Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Fork Truck Operator License a plus.
- Welding certifications a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work in a team.
- Must be ambitious and display drive.
- A self-starter who is able to work with minimum direct supervision.
- Must have a working knowledge of most hand tools and test equipment (multi-meter / thermocouple reader).
- Able to lift 50 lbs, climb a ladder to a height of 15 feet above the ground and work in a safety harness.
- Occasional work in a man lift to a height of 20 feet above the ground may be required.
- Ability to read blue prints and follow written and verbal work instructions.
- Must be physically fit to qualify for and able to wear a respirator.
- Experience with hand tools, power tools and material-handling equipment is a plus.
No agencies please.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
FuelCell Energy - 17 months ago