This position will be responsible for supporting and developing safety and health programs, systems and policies that will ensure uniform and consistent implementation of all applicable Federal/State/Local health and safety regulations. The programs, systems and policies that are developed should also assist in the reduction of employee and visitor incidents. By accomplishing these basic goals the Supply Chain RDC Safety & Asset Protection Manager will assist in achieving set company goals for reducing incident/accident claims, severity and incident and illness rates. This position will support the facility management teams in ensuring programs are in place to address the physical security of personnel and assets of the company.
Safety Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Oversee the Safety & Asset Protection programs directly for assigned Regional Distribution Center, and other Flatbed and Specialty locations in a mentor position as requested.
• Manages and coordinates safety activities, through subordinate supervisory personnel, to ensure implementation of safety activities throughout the organization (Supply Chain).
• Supports and coordinates facility leadership team in activities of the operation team to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel from a safety perspective.
• Supply Chain RDC Safety & Asset Protection Manager will represent the LP and Safety team by providing direction to the facility leadership and support the team in all aspects of safety and asset protection.
• Plan and conduct periodic audits, inspections (STOP, Impact Training, Cyber Manager) and walkthroughs of assigned facilities to validate compliance to company standards and local, state and federal agency regulations including OSHA, EPA, and DOT. Assist the facility management with developing action plans to address deficiencies.
• Conduct analysis of incident trends and worker’s compensation claims metrics and drive the development of action items to reduce frequency.
• Develop and champion company safety awareness programs to achieve facility and company objectives.
• Ensure compliance to corporate Hazardous Materials disposal program.
• Educate and train facility management on appropriate safety rules and regulations and relevant industry issues.
• Complete daily, weekly, monthly tasks related to safety in Cyber Manager.
• Execute the role of STOP administrator for assigned facility.
• In conjunction with RDC Operations Management, Co-Chair the facility Safety Committee for each shift on a monthly basis. Develop action plans to reduce and minimize losses due to safety related issues, document and post meeting minutes in Cyber Manager .
• Manage, review and ensure compliance to all applicable state and federal agency regulations including OSHA, EPA, DOT, and CBP (CTPAT).
• Communicate company health and safety policies and OSHA training programs.
• Effectively communication of company-wide safety awareness programs.
• Maintain the Daily Safety Review forms and oversee timely completion of corrective actions of the issues identified.
• Research, verify and report on facility health and safety trends including incident frequency and severity rates.
• Oversee the Incident Review Process to ensure procedural compliance. Present findings and recommended corrective actions to the Incident Review Board.
• Establish and maintain emergency preparedness and evacuation procedures including validating the plan and conducting semi-annual review of the plan, fire drills and document results.
• Participate in the facility first aid, CPR, AED and BBP training and serve on the facility first responder team.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
•Lead and manage special projects as assigned.
•Provide guidance and direction on crisis and emergency situations including, natural disaster, emergency and workplace violence incidents.
•Logistics Supply chain process to ensure safety is top of mind and integrated in all shipping, receiving and material handling processes.
•Ensure accurate and timely production of Safety reporting (Safety Report card and pie charts) to include field distribution via data provided by a third party company and Safety Compliance Specialist. Prepare, audit and distribute location specific safety goals annually.
•Monitor Internal Audit and Regional Safety & Asset Protection Manager and SC Corporate Safety Manager walk through results via Cyber Manager and Cyber Gate summaries for assigned supply chain locations. Develop and implement training and awareness programs based on audit deficiencies.
•Works closely with HR and Risk Management to assist in training of location HR, LP and Operations team in regards to OSHA recordkeeping, accident prevention, root cause analysis and claims handling procedures.
•Manage and direct Safety Program via the field team and cross functional team processes to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local government regulations.
•Administer loss control procedures in the event of a natural disaster, fire or civil unrest.
• Five to seven years Supply Chain / Warehouse / Distribution safety experience.
• Associates or BS or BA degree in Safety Science, Industrial Health, Risk Management, Engineering or Business.
With fiscal year 2011 sales of $50.2 billion, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 50 company that serves approximately 15 million customers a week at more than 1,745 home improvement stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s is the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain of home...