Division: Syngenta Business Service (SBS)
Function: R&D IS
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: RDIS Business Relationship Manager
Job ID: 3464
Role purpose :
- To develop and maintain a strong relationship with R&D identifying and communicating with key stakeholders of R&DIS within R&D and wider within Syngenta and related organizations.
- To understand R&D strategy and needs and ensure R&DIS investment enables science via strategically aligned portfolio and product roadmaps
- To define and monitor the value of IS investment and work with R&D to ensure realization
- To create or align to proper governance of R&D IS assets within business units and develop appropriate support networks
- To serve as the initial point of contact into R&DIS and provide an escalation point for issues arising between R&DIS and business units.
- To oversee and validate the expenditure of change project budgets up to $2 million per year.
- Know activities and strategies within R&D businesses. Must be able to learn and understand assigned processes and services and ensure that they are fully exploited within the business. Ensure that landscapes and roadmaps are employed to agree strategic direction and priorities with the business.
- Ensure effective communications with R&D and the wider organisation to explain the R&DIS mission, highlight successes, and ensure services are well known and understood.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development and prioritisation of the R&DIS portfolio. Ensure projects and planned system changes are properly scoped and work with the Portfolio Manager and Project Management Office to ensure compliance with the Global IS approval processes.
- Sponsor and encourage good governance of R&DIS services within R&D through the introduction, development and maintenance of appropriate ownership committees. Be the IS Lead for change initiatives identified by R&D.
- Ensure the adequate resolution of issues arising within R&DIS operations and projects
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- A good grasp of the culture and working practices of R&D.
- A good, broad knowledge of the R&D business and especially its key challenges in information technologies and information management processes that are commonly used to support global R&D activities.
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree, preferably in agriculture or Computer Science
- At least 5 years experience in working within or close to R&D within Syngenta or other life science organisations.
- At least 5 years experience in working on information systems and/or information management processes associated with a commercial organization.
- Experience in working across countries and cultures in order to achieve solutions. Proven track-records of success in working in multi-cultural projects.
- Awareness of key business analysis skills and current best practice in the IS community. Recognised leader in innovating ways of working in the IS Business Analysis field.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Strong networking skills across cultures.
- Strong personal presence and ability to influence at senior levels.
- Compelling vision of what business and IS success look like and the ability to communicate this widely
- Ability to challenge requests for new solutions to ensure investments are made in the right areas to drive strategic growth
- Highly effective communicator. Comfortable communicating at all levels in the organization
- Ability to strategically influence in a matrix as well as multi-cultural environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to build and lead teams
- Understanding of how to maximize the use of information for business solutions
- Know the business
- Organizational awareness
- Communicate effectively
- Influence effectively
- Think strategically
- Be adaptable
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Establish a simple, cohesive and well understood relationship between R&D business units and R&DIS and ensure that business needs are clearly communicated and understood by R&DIS.
- Identify and engage key stakeholders to establish terms of reference for communication. Establish joint priorities and ways of working to ensure a deep understanding of the role of R&DIS in the success of long, medium and short term business strategies.
- Build a solid working relationship with sponsors, owners and managers of R&DIS services within the R&D business unit and contribute to the success of the IS and business leadership teams.
- Ensure use and adherence to the IS operating model and methodology.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Syngenta - 13 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...