JCFS seeks to hire an experienced Administrative Aide for our REACH program housed at the Joy Faith Knapp Children’s Center located in West Rogers Park. The Administrative Aide is responsible for a variety of clerical tasks in order to support the successful daily operation of the REACH program.
- Plan, prioritize, and organize for a diversified administrative workload
- Works collaboratively to plan the manner in which departmental administration tasks are to be accomplished in accordance with established guidelines and policies. Works closely with the Director to ensure timely and appropriate actions are taken when required.
- Attends advisory /community meetings; prepares and distributes meeting minutes as required and maintains advisory committee roster and contact information. May be expected to represent the organization as required to other departments, agencies, organizations, or outside professional and general communities.
- Facilitates in all possible ways the most efficient and productive use of the time and effort of the immediate supervisor and department resources. Assumes other responsibilities and performs other administrative tasks as assigned by the Director.
- Works independently and within a team on special , nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Accountable for coordinating special projects, at the request of the Director, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing events.
- Performs other administrative and office support tasks as needed.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess proven strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience or High School diploma with a minimum of five years' experience in administrative services
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of the Jewish Day School community is preferred.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have a proven track record of operating in a demanding, fast paced environment while managing multiple projects.
- Must be self-reliant and be able to work independently while putting out a high quality of work.
- Must have excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must be flexible, and able to adapt to a variety of situations. Must possess ability to travel locally to constituent sites and community meetings. Position may require work during evening and weekend hours.