JOB TITLE: Receiver FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: Warehouse JOB CODE: WHS123
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Manager
DATE: February 2008
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for the timely and accurate receipt of produce, grocery and misc. items ordered. All items will be verified for quantity and quality and placed in specified areas of the warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unload incoming trucks.
- Physically inspects product for weight, condition, temperature, and quality.
- Tags product with a slot label and placed in the correct slot location.
- Insures coolers are dropped, leveled-off, down-stacked, organized, and clean of debris, free of damaged & poor quality product.
- Rotate all products located in the coolers daily.
- Aside from putting product in racks, responsible for bringing product down to the floor in a timely manner.
- Keep the coolers free of empty pallets at all times.
- Keep the floors stocked with product at all times .
- Adherence to work schedule and attendance policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Detail oriented
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Forklift certified and ability to drive a forklift
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Forklift experience required.
- One (1) year warehouse experience required
- Produce experience preferred.
This position requires the ability to:
- Lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance.
- Walk and bend.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool and noise level can be moderate to high.
FreshPoint - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Fresh produce is the ingredient for success at FreshPoint. The company is one of the largest foodservice distributors of fresh fruits and...