It is the responsibility of the Spa Receptionist to maintain the reception area at the Spa (to include the spa, salon, fitness center, and pool areas) while providing excellent guest service . All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Detroit Mission Statement.
1. Properly opens and closes the Spa each day according to Standard Operating Procedures.
2. Acknowledges and greets everyone who enters and leaves Spa facilities.
3. Provides detailed description of spa treatments, packages, services, promotions, discounts, facility features, and hours of operation.
4. Accurately books, changes, and cancels spa appointments.
5. Maintains the Spa Desk Bank.
6. Answers the phone promptly while using the guest’s name throughout the conversation.
7. Maintains a clean, safe, fully stocked and well organized work area.
8. Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
9. Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area providing excellent guest service.
10. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
11. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. 21 years of age or older.
2. High School diploma or college degree preferred.
3. One year sales and/or retail experience .
4. Strong keyboarding, data entry and typing skills with a minimum of 25 wpm net. Proficiency testing for typing and data entry will be required.
5. Previous cash handling experience.
6. Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
7. Strong analytical and listening skills.
8. Self-motivated with e xcellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
9. Bilingual abilities preferred.
10. Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
11. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds at a time.
12. Ability to push and pull heavy items and equipment.
13. Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and squatting.
14. Ability to multi-task several activities and duties simultaneously
15. Ability to function and act independently.
16. Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively both written & oral.
17. Ability to work in an environment where pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoking is permitted.
18. Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
19. Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
MGM Grand Casino Detroit - 21 months ago