acts as the first point of contact for outside visitors, vendors, etc. Greets vendors, customers, job applicants and other visitors to the office. May arrange for transportation services when needed. Operates a switchboard typically to route incoming calls and place outgoing calls; performs administrative duties as required by the location assigned.
- Handle all incoming calls, using a main or floor switchboard, routes calls to appropriate party.
- Greet outside visitors in a professional manner.
- May sign for incoming and outgoing packages; route to appropriate party.
- Use internal paging system.
- Call for car service or messenger as requested by client.
- May perform filing, typing and other administrative duties as requested by client.
- Assist various departments with mass mailings.
- May receive and route faxes.
- May schedule conference room based on client requests and order catering as needed.
- Due to changing technology in office automation, will be required to learn new features and functionalities of copying machines, faxes, scanning, other equipment, PBX boxes as introduced at the site.
- Prepare monthly production and volume reports in order to measure productivity and prepare billing charges.
Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required
- Clear and professional telephone skills
- Ability to ensure that quality and production standards are met
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous telephone or reception experience required
- Knowledge of a main or floor switchboard
- Strong computer skills required (Microsoft Office, Outlook)
- Physical activity required including bending, reaching, prolonged periods of sitting.
- May lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
Canon Business Process Services - 30+ days ago