The Member Services Receptionist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service, answering and directing phone calls, managing and executing tour activities, including current membership rates and membership promotions and miscellaneous administrative work as directed by the Member Services Supervisor. This is a part time position working 15- 20 hours a week with the opportunity to pick up additional hours. Weekends are a must. Flexibility during the daytime and evening hours from 6am-10pm. This site is open 7 days a week. Customer Service experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Greet and check-in members. Welcome non-members and guests. Ensure proper use of visitor and/or vendor logs and passes.
- Provide a high level of customer service, answering questions and directing people to appropriate staff member or event room.
- Smile when you are interacting with members, staff, visitors and vendors.
- Answer phones, identify the JCC, use your name and direct calls to appropriate staff person as needed
- Wear uniform and nametag at all times.
- Be responsible to review Communication Log on a daily basis.
- Work as a team member and share communication with other staff members during shift changes.
- Charge appropriate guest fees and share approved membership information/invitation with those who are potential members.
- Process class registration information for members (in person and over the phone).
- Keep front lobby and service desk up-to-date clear and free of clutter and current with program materials.
- Maintain folder of current brochures/programs.
- Assist with bulk mailings, separating labels, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Distribute and fold towels and track inventory.
- Be able to work independently.
- Communicate concerns or problems to Member Services Supervisor or Membership Director.
- Be able to execute emergency procedures.
- Additional duties as requested i.e.: Must be flexible to the scheduling needs of the JCC. Be available for staff meetings.
- Candidates will possess a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Prior customer service experience required; experience in a commercial or community fitness center a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of general office equipment (phones, fax machines, copiers, computer).
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification within 90 days of hire.
- Execution and adherence to emergency procedures.