Challenge Yourself ~ Be Army Civilian ~ Go Army!
Organization: DFMWR ~ Outdoor Adventure Center
Fort Leonard Wood has over 60,000 acres available for hunting; deer, turkey, wild hog and an abundance of small game, season for archery, firearms and muzzle loaders. All hunting and fishing state and local licenses & permits available at the Outdoor Adventure Center. You can fish the Big Piney River plus numerous ponds and lakes available on Fort Leonard Wood. The Trout Management areas are open year round.
Direct Deposit is required
Social Security card is required
Complete favorable background clearances
Able to work an irregular schedule to include nights, weekends, holidays
Plans, schedules, organizes and implements outdoor activities. Such activities include but are not limited to cross-country skiing, hiking, biking, canoeing, camping, trips, skeet shooting, parks, ranges, mountain climbing and overnight recreational trips. Demonstrates techniques and instructs participants in the use of equipment. Coordinates with installation, county, and state officials on programs and information related to outdoor recreation and required licenses. Researches, plans and develops or enlarges outdoor recreation areas. Prepares standard operating procedures. May assist in the preparation and development of the annual operating budget and 5- year plan.
Experience OR a combination of experience and education that provided the knowledge of the goals, principles, methods, and techniques of recreation programs and an understanding of the interests of individuals or groups.
Completion of the requirements for a bachelor's degree with major study in outdoor recreation and parks; recreation management; youth, public, urban or community recreation; or special population recreation is qualifying experience.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Direct Deposit Required
7. Must be able to work an irregular work schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Work experience/education
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are negotiable.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 22 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...