The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
Assists in planning, markets and conducts an ongoing program to provide conditioning programs for facility users. Instructs in the proper conditioning and training for aerobic and muscular fitness and flexibility. This position is located at the Sports and Fitness Center on Fort Greely, Alaska. KEY REQUIREMENTS
Direct Deposit is required
Social Security card is required DUTIES:
Must be able to demonstrate work experience that enables the candidate to independently carry out a basic physical fitness program. Instructs patrons in the proper use of equipment and self-monitored progress by preparing written intructions and procudures for use of equipment and safety of all users. Supervises assigned personnel. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education or experience in managing a physical fitness program. Fitness or Personal Trainer Certificate is highly desirable. Certification in many fitness disciplines acceptable i.e. (aerobics, ste aerobics, spin instructor, group fitness, kick boxing and weight training)
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment. HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work. BENEFITS:
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx . OTHER INFORMATION:
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit. The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders. Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest. The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 23 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...