The Regional Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting Regional Store Manager. The Regional Administrative Assistant works closely with the division office management, store managers, assistant store managers.
- Assist in planning of meetings and other special events.
- Assist in preparation of region yearly budget.
- Keep up-to-date records on expenses.
- Maintain database files.
- Assist and advise department as related to administrative office tasks.
- Maintain accurate personnel records.
- Maintain calendar of events, travel, etc. of staff.
- Handle incoming phone calls.
- Open mail and handle routine correspondence.
- Process and follow up on all invoices to be paid and keep records.
- Keep record of time off, vacation, sick leave, etc for the department.
- Order and distribute all supplies for the department.
- Keep up-to-date routine files and files of correspondence.
- Assist new employees with materials, telephone, computer etc.
- Follow any job related instructions requested by supervisor or management.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma
- Two year secretarial degree
- One to two years secretarial experience
- Typing 45 words per minute
- Ten key/calculator experience
- Word processing proficiency
- Familiar with standard PCs and business software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to operate CRT/PC
- Ability to manipulate various keyboards
- Ability to maintain files
- Ability to open/manipulate/distribute mail and paperwork
- Ability to operate multi-line phone/switchboard console
- Ability to load/maneuver rolling cart
- Ability to perform some lifting as required
- Ability to load/unload supplies as required
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and or balance computations
- Ability to analyze/evaluate invoice, statistical, or accounting data
- Ability to operate standard telephone, computer keyboard, calculator, and other business machines.
Belk is busy bulking up. Already the nation's largest privately owned department store chain, Belk now operates 300-plus stores...