Th e W a shin g t o n S t ate De p ar t m ent o f Ear l y L earning( D EL) h elps e nsure a ll c hi l dren in W ashin g t o n h a v e h i g h - q ual i ty e arly learning o p p ortunities t hat p re p are t h e m f o r success i n sc h oo l and l i f e. W e w ork i n p art n ership w ith p are n ts,f am i l ies, c a re g i v ers, and e a rly learning p r o f essi on als to o f f er i n f o r m ation a n d r esources t h a t s u pport heal t hy c h i l d d e v elo pm ent.L e arn m ore ab o ut DEL at w w w . d el. w a. g o v .
We are currently seeking to fill a part-time (50%) Administrative Assistant 3 position, working out of our Spokane office. Within the Department of Early Learning, t his positi o n p erforms a wide variety of complex secretar i al and administrative duties to support the Regional Administrator, and the regional child care licensing offices, which includes regional and statewide administrative projects. Coordinate office activities and schedules; develop and recommend office procedures and systems; devise and evaluate office procedures. Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents as necessary. Receive and distribute incoming mail; review and evaluate mail to identify those items requiring priority attention of the local office. Prioritize channel, and facilitate communications from and to regional area offices, state offices, and partners. Make travel arrangements for the RA as necessary, maintain appointment schedules and calendars for the RA as necessary; arrange meetings and conferences for the region as requested.
For this p ositio n , w e a re s e ek i ng a s e l f - m oti v at e d i n di v id u al w ho c a n be a p art o f a t ea m a s w ell as w ork i ndep e nd e ntl y . This posit i on re q ui r es m ult i - t a sking skil l s a nd f le x ibil i ty w i th e v e r - chan g ing p r i or i ties. Po siti v e a ttitude is e ss e n t ial to t he role this posit i on p l a y s within t h ea ge nc y . Other d esi r able ski l ls i nclu d e :
- High school diploma or GED
- At least two years of office experience performing duties which required keyboarding and typing
- Exemplary customer satisfaction skills, including dealing effectively with the public both in person and over the telephone
- Creative and innovative techniques for performing assignments
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proper English usage, spelling, grammer, and punctuation
- Business mathematical computations, accounting and record keeping
- Computer application related to the work
- Standard office adminstrative practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment
- Performing technical, specialized, complex, and diffucult office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, superiors, the general public, representatives of public and private organizations
Washington State offers a solid benefits package that includes a state retirement plan, deferred compensation, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, a full array of health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance aoverage, and other optional benefit programs.
This positions is covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE) which contains a "union security" provision. This means that, as a condition of employment, you must either join the union or pay union dues or pay a representation or other fee within 30 days of the date you are put into pay status.
Interested candidates may apply through www.careers.wa.gov
Or by submitting the follg information:
Submit application to: HR@del.wa.gov
- A letter of interest (addressing in order, the elements listed in the Desirable Qualifications section of this announcement)
- A current resume with current and past supervisor contact information
please include your last name and the position title in the subject line of your email
If email is not possible, mail application to:
Washington State Department of Early Learning
Human Resource Department
PO Box 40970
Olympia, WA 98504-0970
FAX to 360.725.4930
Applications received after August 2, 2013 may not be considered
The Department of Early Learning is an equal opportunity employer. Woment, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons of disability needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this annoucement in an alternative format, please call 360.725.4922 or fax 360.725.4930
Whether it's helping a vulnerable child, making highways safer or restoring salmon habitat, the work that we do matters to the people of...