** PLEASE NOTE **
This job can be filled in any of our California Branches
Responsible for assisting in the development and monitoring of claim policy, standards, procedures and strategy in their assigned branch offices. Responsible for building a team relationship between assigned offices and corporate claims. Responsible for assisting the branch offices with technical guidance on losses. Participates in corporate claim reviews
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following
- Acts as liaison between the branch offices and Corporate Claims by monitoring and supporting claim policies and procedures. Assists in providing input/recommendations when corporate claim policies or procedures are formulated or changed.
- Assists in analyzing the exposure of cases, including consideration of all pertinent information (e.g., coverage, compensability, investigation, injuries sustained, prognosis for recovery, subrogation, etc.), committees the case with senior management and makes recommendations for future handling action plans, and assists the branch offices in claim handling.
- Coordinates and represents the Company at policyholder claim reviews at major insureds according to senior management direction. (doesn’t do this)
- Provides input to underwriting and safety and health on changes in guidelines, standards, measurements and workflows. (doesn’t do this)
- Liason with reinsurance carriers and assigned office(s) on cases that require reporting, or, require authority to settle. Prepares case updates analyzing explosures and providing recommendations.
- Provides guidance to assigned field office(s) on MSA/CMS procedures and questions. Responsible for reviewing and approving all requests for MSA’s, and all MSA type settlements.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree preferred. Professional insurance designation and or insurance related education preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of Workers' Compensation technical experience in a regional/corporate claims environment,
- Demonstrated skill in coaching individuals through detailed instruction, frequent interaction, and repeated practice.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, negotiation skills, and influence management skills.
- Advanced understanding of the tenants of insurance and legal principles knowledge of W/C coverage’s and services.
- Experience in handling catastrophic cases (spinal cord injuries, brain damage, severe burns, etc.) required.
- Technical experience in a multi-state workers' compensation environment preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing.
Due to the nature of the needs in the office, must be able to work at least 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, and be available should a situation arise requiring extended hours. Travel to assigned offices as needed and participate in corporate claim reviews as needed.
Physical, Mental & Sensory Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of the required responsibilities, duties and skills. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties and requirements of this position at any time as needs dictate.
Zenith Insurance Company - 2 years ago
Zenith Insurance Company (“Zenith”) is a national workers’ compensation carrier with more than 60 years of experience...