The Department of Urology is seeking qualifed applicants for a full-time Registered Nurse Specialist. The RN Specialist will serve as an Urologic Oncology Patient Navigator and will work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team of physicians, allied health providers and administrative support to creat and implement quality metrics for Urologic Oncology Patients.
1. Coordinate intake of all urologic oncology patients, ensure complete and accurate medical records for initial consultation, assures UF & Shands diagnostic imaging and pathology services are coordinated to deliver diagnostic information to conference and clinics, organize multidisciplinary care with medical/radiation oncology
2. Ensures access, continuity of care and coordination to necessary diagnostic, therapeutic and referral services for urologic oncology patients, maintain organized and efficient service, provide support to physicians, staff and other health care professionals. Responsible for participating in the identification of alterations in the patient’s health and communicating appropriate data to physicians and other team members, implementation of clinical interventions based upon established treatment protocols, anticipating potential outcomes for patients at risk for complications, demonstrate ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s needs.
3. Collaborate with other members of the patient navigator service to assure coverage of all patient care needs, supervise administrative staff as assigned to the urologic oncology group navigation program, participate in community outreach and education regarding assigned urologic oncology groups and support physicians.
4. Serves as a liaison between internal/referring physicians, other members of the care team and to patients assuring that patient’s emotional and support needs are addressed, appropriate clinical and administrative information is communicated to patient in a timely manner, assure seamless transition of patient through the care process across the multiple departments of the College of Medicine and Shands Healthcare.
5. Responsible for the organization and facilitation of multidisciplinary conferences and clinics to assure case materials are assembled, patients scheduled and appropriate patient follow-up occurs. Serve in capacities as required by the needs of the urologic oncology group within the scope of licensure.Generate end of month reports summarizing patient’s statistics
6. Assist in identifying and recruiting potentially eligible patients into relevant clinical trials and other programs aimed to reduce health care disparities and improve patient outcomes.Other duties as assigned.
Licensed as a registered professional nurse in accordance with Chapter 464 Florida Statutes* or eligible to practice nursing in accordance with Section 210 Florida Administrative Code*, and two years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
University of Florida - 16 months ago