Provides direct patient care to an assigned group of patients, assesses, and evaluates and implements patients plan of care for an assigned period of time.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Administers medications within the scope of practice and the hospital's policies and procedures.
- Assesses, evaluates, interprets and documents the patients physical and mental status.
- Communicates the patients status with other health care disciplines.
- Coordinates and develops the patients plan of care with all health care disciplines.
- Performs and assists with medical and nursing procedures.
- Provides pertinent health care education to patients and patients family.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of medical equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to administer medications per policy and procedure.
- Ability to follow the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Ability to interpret lab and diagnostic results as it relates to patients status.
- Ability to communicate with all disciplines using SBAR.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates courteous, kind and a caring, compassionate, positive attitude and support to the organization.
College Diploma Nursing Required, Bachelors Nursing Preferred
0 years Required.
Licensed Registered Nurse
Certified Cardiac Pulm Resuscitation
Methodist Hospitals Inc. - 8 months ago