Provides Nursing Leadership for the nursing staff working to ensure that:
Performs professional procedures independently and under the direction of a medical provider. Administers medications following a medical provider’s orders. Documents procedures and outcomes in the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Patient flow is both efficient and timely.
- Patients are served in a professional and customer friendly manner.
- Providers are supported in a manner that promotes efficiency and anticipates patient needs.
- Nursing procedures are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinates activities of RN and HSTs assigned to Team F.
- Coordinates care of patients assigned to observation and monitoring.
- Oversees management of the nurse advice line and prescription refill line for the team.
Educates and counsels patients regarding their diagnosed illness or chronic condition and regarding wellness and primary preventive strategies. This includes education and counseling for the above special populations as well as referral to and coordination of comprehensive health, education, social and community resources as appropriate. This also includes HIV pre and post test counseling, and counseling for women’s health issues.
Performs professional nursing duties in other areas of the SHCC as assigned. Rotates through evening and weekend coverage of Team E on set schedule. Provides coverage to Team E during University break weeks as needed.
Attends and participates in staff, Ad Hoc and committee meetings as assigned and requested. May be requested to assist with special assignments of projects for the SHCC as requested by the Associate Director of Nursing.
Licensed as a registered nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes*, or eligible to practice nursing in accordance with Section 210, Florida Administrative Code* and two years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.