WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE FOR RURAL HEALTH
Western Kentucky University (WKU), Institute for Rural Health, is seeking applicants for a Registered Nurse.
The College of Health and Human Services through the Institute for Rural Health (IRH) operates a Mobile Health and Wellness Unit that provides preventive medical services at a variety of locations primarily within a ten county area of the Barren River Area Development District. This position provides patient care, oversight, and educational activities associated with this outreach program. This position reports to the Director of the Institute for Rural Health (IRH).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
- Conducts health screenings
- Completes health history summaries and maintains up-to-date records
- Interprets health screening results
- Administers immunizations according to standard protocols in the Policy and Procedure Manual
- Sets up and assists with specialty exams
- Assists in supervising nursing students during clinical experiences on the Mobile Health and Wellness Unit
- Informs health professionals and health organizations of the services provided as well as the mission of the program
- Monitors procedures ensuring medical record integrity of patients seen on the Mobile Health and Wellness Unit
- Works with Office Coordinator to maintain and order supplies for the Mobile Health and Wellness Unit
- Performs quality assurance on all medical equipment used on the Mobile Health and Wellness Unit
- Works closely as an integral part of IRH Staff to ensure continued growth and success of the IRH
- Must independently perform assigned duties and seek opportunities for educational and professional growth
- Practice of medicine within the scope of license and training
- Seeks out and attends appropriate professional training, seminars, and conferences for continuing education credits and keeps abreast of current knowledge, regulations, and events in the medical field
- Maintains accurate patient records and documentation
- Practice of medicine within the scope of credentialing
- Practice of medicine in accordance with the current standards of care for the state of Kentucky
- Because this position is based on the Mobile Health and Wellness Unit, this individual must understand the potential exists for different working situations every day
- Must be able to work with portable medical equipment in extremely close quarters
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- The mobile unit will have climate variances, be noisy, and may smell of diesel fuel
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- A current state RN license. Licenses/certifications must be in good standing. Advanced practice certificate/license must be unencumbered in the state of Kentucky
- One year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- Previous experience in the delivery of health and wellness programs in underserved populations
- Medical provider CPR Certification
- Knowledge of Advanced Nursing practice, including all laws and principles of the same
- Demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served
- Skills in oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Good decision-making and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal/human relation skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to remain flexible
Salary Grade: 108
Expected Salary: $37,008
Applications for employment will be accepted electronically only. Interested candidates must submit a cover letter describing qualifications and experience, a current resume and the names, addresses, and daytime phone numbers of three professional references using the online application process. Please refer to the following website to apply:
. Reference requisition number S3677 For further assistance, call (270) 745-5934. To ensure full consideration please submit application materials by June 28, 2013. Position will remain open until filled.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270) 745- 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
InsideHigherEd.com - 10 months ago