Performs registration for all Emergency Room patients and keeps statistical logs. Verifies Medicaid and HMO Medicaid recipients for eligibility. Refers incoming calls to appropriate personnel. Work closely with ER nursing staff. Performs other duties as requested by management.
See below. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Registers all patients requiring Emergency Services.
2. Maintains departmental records and statistics.
3. Record and complete necessary patient and billing information on the registration form in the HIS.
4. Obtains and witnesses signed consent for treatment.
5. Completes patient name bands.
6. Answer and screen incoming telephone calls.
7. Maintains and files department records.
8. Contacts Health Source for authorization for ER patients.
9. Maintains registration log book.
10. Verifies Medicaid eligibility and authorizes Medicaid visits.
11. Provides each patient with all the mandatory documents (ie., advanced directives, bill of rights, etc.)
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
High School Graduate required.
Previous hospital experience preferred.
Ability to use basic office equipment and knowledge of CTR computer terminals a plus.
Medical terminology helpful but not mandatory.
Bilingual helpful but not mandatory.
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...