Work among the best. Be part of the interdisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. The Rehabilitation Services Department includes Occupational and Physical Therapy, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, Therapeutic Recreation and Speech-Language Pathology. Our professionals provide a broad range of services to our varied patient population with special focus on prevention, preservation and restoration of mobility, fitness, activities of daily living, communication, cognition, and swallowing. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Rehab Tech II.
- Under the direction of a licensed clinician, performs and monitors patient treatments in compliance with guidelines and regulations of state licensing board, national professional organizations, and accrediting agencies.
- Reinforces patient/family education that has been provided by licensed staff previously (according to instructions from licensed staff)
- Demonstrates problem-solving and ability to follow directions.
- Bases decisions, actions, and performance of all skills on standards of care and approved protocols and techniques.
- Demonstrates safe performance of patient-care activities which may include exercise, patient mobilization techniques with various diagnosis-specific precautions, and/or activities of daily living.
- Accurately obtains vital signs.
- Recognizes and communicates changes in patient’s condition promptly to supervising therapist and/or RN.
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, anatomy, and abnormal vital signs required.
- CPR certification is a plus.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 12 months ago