REIMBURSEMENT CODING SPECIALIST
ST. FRANCIS HOSPITAL, GREENVILLE, SC
Department: MEDICAL INFORMATION
Requisition Number: 64658
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Days/Every other weekend
Hours: Mon.-Sat. 7a-3:30p
Holiday/Vacation Coverage: Yes
Responsible for assignment of appropriate ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 codes and abstracting statistical and reimbursement data for outpatient encounters. May code inpatient records and assign DRG. Communicates with physicians and other departments within the hospital as required to assure proper information is available for accurate code assignment.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Demonstrates working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, disease process,
pharmacology, and ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding which can be obtained by on-the-job training or through college
3. One year experience in medical records coding and/or billing/coding in a healthcare setting.
4. RHIT, RHIA, or CCA Certification.
5. Demonstrates basic knowledge of electronic medical record (EMR).
6. Graduate of AHIMA-approved Health Information Management program may substitute for experience. RHIT,
RHIA, CCA with no experience.
Bon Secours Health System - 30+ days ago
Bon Secours Health System, Inc. based in Marriottsville, Maryland, is a $3 billion dollar not-for-profit Catholic health system that owns,...