This individual is responsible for the timely and accurate recording of client company premium and loss related information into Munich Re's reinsurance accounting systems. This position involves research and reconciliation of all accounting matters relating to client service issues and problematic account renderings.
- Ensure timely reporting and accurate processing of all client account statements in accordance with contract terms and department procedures, including the preparation of reinstatements, deposit premium adjustments, and special calculations (profit commissions, sliding commissions, or retrospective premium adjustments). All worksheets are appropriately identified and given to workflow on a timely basis in order to be filed.
- Perform the timely and accurate application of cash receipts and disbursements and ensure the resolution of account/cash discrepancies through research and communication with the accounting units as well as internal/external clients. This includes review of accounts receivable or unallocated cash to ensure timely and accurate application of cash and to monitor and collect outstanding balances due MR in accordance with contract terms and internal collection policies, including preparation of client account billings.
- Assist in managing cash flow by appropriately notifying Treasury Services of all large receipts and disbursements and preparing disbursements to include verification of all client requests for payment to ensure agreement with contract terms.
- Assist with the monthly/quarterly corporate closing process to ensure adherence to Global Reporting requirements
- Assist in analyzing financial results on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of MR’s processing and reporting systems and develop and maintain excellent communication within FMR and SBU's. This includes keeping management informed of issues or problems as they arise.
- Assist on special projects or other duties as assigned by management.
- College Degree or Associate Degree (Accounting or Finance preferred) and/or
- 1 - 3 years of insurance/reinsurance accounting or cash experience.
- Strong Interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, relationships, teamwork
- Strong writing, analytical, and technical (accounting and math) skills.
- Skill and/or experience with Microsoft office products such as Excel and Word and diverse computer skills.
Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. - 21 months ago