A Selector is responsible for selecting customer orders and building high quality pallets with a high degree of accuracy and great sense of urgency while working safe and meeting production standards.
Essential Job Function:
• Obtains list of products to be selected
• Receive production label for work assignment and time limits
• Complete cards to be placed in pocket of all totes to identify order
• Pick up empty tote from end of aisle and places it on rollers
• Push tote down the line stopping to reach load items to fill order
• Apply fasteners to hold tote closed
• Push onto take away conveyor
• May use step up bar and/or hook to reach higher items
• Empty boxes are thrown into upper conveyor for recycling
• All other duties as assigned
• Recent experience working in selecting orders preferred
• Detail oriented to ensure a high level of accurate selections for customers
• Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions and bills of lading
• Possess strong problem solving skills and excellent time management skills
• Must be able to use independent discretion/judgment
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
• High School education or the equivalent (GED)
• Grasping/gripping: totes, products on shelves, empty boxes,
• Vision: seeing colors, equipment, judging distances, computer screens and/or paperwork.
• Hearing: equipment movement and horns, verbal instructions, alarms and intercom system.
• Lifting: empty totes from floor to conveyor rollers, products from shelves up to 5lbs frequently
• Carrying: products from shelves to tote on line up to 5lbs
• Pushing/pulling: tote on rollers and onto moving conveyor belt up to 50lbs force
• Standing: at conveyor throughout shift
• Climbing: up one/two steps on bottom rail 6in. -12in. to reach higher shelves
• Stooping: to reach lower shelves
• Reaching: forward for products on shelves, to pull cartons down, to push tote to conveyor
The Grocers Supply Co., Inc. - 19 months ago