Provide research and information support for the Division of Enrollment and Communication, including data management and various statistical analyses; assist the Director in planning and projections of enrollment, retention, financial aid expenditure and net tuition revenue, and in strategic recruitment of prospective students by providing data and analyses in the traditional as well as emerging web recruitment environment.
1. Develop and maintain expertise in the structure, definition and use of data elements in the admission and financial aid databases; develop and maintain mastery of enrollment related student data, personal computer based operating systems, relational-database query software, general statistical/modeling software, and spreadsheet programs; produce required reports and analyses.
2. Develop and maintain expertise in the structure, definition and use of data elements extracted from the emerging web recruitment vehicles, develop expertise in and conduct analyses of web recruitment data merged with admission and financial aid data.
3. Actively participate in the construction, maintenance and use of any future BI (Business Intelligence) data warehouse, and develop expertise in the star schema structure, metadata and warehouse data management techniques.
4. Assist the Director to maintain various statistical College planning models for establishing enrollment targets, predicting long-range as well as short-range college enrollment, planning financial aid expenditure and net tuition revenue, predicting prospective student behavior, marketing of the College, and other forecasting and planning purposes.
5. Under the guidance of the Director, work closely with the Admission, SFS (student financial services) and Marketing Communication reporting teams to provide special research and management information reports requested by the President’s Council, Deans, and other internal constituents across campus (such as Budget, Residential Life, Institutional Research).
6. Assist the Director to maintain detailed records of research activities, analyses, and procedures.
7. Assist the Director to provide technical and statistical leadership to the division (Admission, SFS and Marketing Communication) reporting teams for data analysis and special projects.
8. Other duties as assigned
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
Bachelor’s degree and related experience; demonstrated ability to design, implement research and analyze data, with a good understanding and knowledge of relational databases and SQL (Structured Query Language); knowledge of SPSS / SAS and strong analytical, written and oral communication skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team in a complex, professional and active college environment; ability to handle confidential information, multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet deadlines are required.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested individuals should apply online at apply.icjobs.org, and attach a cover letter, a resume, and a list containing the contact information for three professional references. Questions about the online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274 8000. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Ithaca College - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard