The Research Applications Administrator is responsible for daily operational support and maintenance tasks including monitoring and troubleshooting open source systems. Assists faculty and staff in education, set up, and configuration of research projects within supported application environments. Works with Director of IT Systems and Technology to architect and implement a secure, reliable open source environment for the broad research community, specifically for research application support. Works with researchers and BUMC IT staff to select and implement new applications for the clinical and basic science research communities at BUMC.
- Architecture and Implementation – Help architect and manage a Linux-based open source environment to support and secure various applications such as REDCap, OpenClinica, FreezerPro, etc.
- Provide consultation and assistance to other staff and management in making decisions for implementation, security, and collaboration.
- Education and Outreach – Develop and run an active application awareness campaign at BUMC, one that is fully supported by senior management and targets members of the organization at all levels; Faculty, staff, students, researchers, administrators, etc.
- Project and Request Management –Support operational needs of BUMC systems such as REDCap, OpenClinica, and Freezer Pro.
- Client Support – Provide support to faculty and staff by providing advice and direction in how to set up or configure individual portions of supported applications. Assist faculty and staff in data management and help guide them towards best practice.
- Maintain current industry knowledge – Build and maintain current knowledge in the areas of clinical research best practices, open source application trends and requirements, and compliance requirements like HIPAA, HITECH, etc..
Bachelors degree with 3-5 years of experience
Boston University - 19 months ago