- Develop and maintain a centralized source of news information using Bloomberg and other research Internet sites, providing team with updated information on stories and breaking news. Also attend analysts meetings.
- Assist analysts in financial modeling of information.
- Ensure relevant analysts are aware of developments and are involved in the surveillance of data, its collection and processing.
- Collate material for management meetings, reports and press releases.
• Extracts financial and economic data from source materials pertinent to assigned deals and inputs to group applications
• Specific research projects:
- Assist senior analysts working on a wide variety of ad hoc projects including database support, market research, and general marketing efforts (i.e., that do not involve fee discussions, negotiations, or arrangements). Also participate in ad hoc projects together with S&P affiliates.
- Carry out research for industry monitoring and potential new business.
• Spreadsheet/Database duties:
- Collect and maintain information and data for the development of databases.
- Develop spreadsheet statistics, including peer group analysis.
- Maintain active and effective spreadsheet databases, ensuring receipt and process of all necessary data in a timely fashion.
- Co-ordinate with global offices to ensure data is treated consistently across international borders and available to the Standard & Poor’s global network.
- Proofing responsibilities - checking back numbers used in publications versus those in the source material enabling the individual to learn about a range of institutions.
- Provide and update peer comparisons for various industries as needed, qualitative as well as quantitative.
- Update rationales, including tables, and coordinate with editors.
- Provide statistical data for local publication.
- Coordinate Global Sector Reviews, both statistics and text.
- Works in conjunction and at the direction of senior analysts in preparing necessary information for rating committee presentations.
- Maintain issuer files and integrity of CORE and CMAP.
- Prepare, send and sign CORE forms.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal contacts of various levels.
• Be educated to degree level in a business related field.
• Have up to one year work experience.
• Be an intelligent and highly motivated individual.
• The ability to think analytically; the ability to collate information into reasoned arguments; the ability to manage competing priorities; the ability to manage one’s own time effectively; ability to work in a team; effective communication skills (oral, written, presentation).
• Possess strong PC skills and an excellent level of understanding of the Internet.
• Have the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
• Be willing to learn and to demonstrate the benefits of job-related training course.
• Becoming familiar with S&P products, systems and processes.
• Understanding the complexities of the business.
• The incumbent needs to be flexible to work outside of standard business hours in order to manage needs of the business.
• The major challenge in this role is to be able to handle pressure and deadlines on a frequent basis.
S&P Ratings Services
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....