Standard & Poor's is the world's premier provider of investment research, market indices, credit ratings, financial data, and fixed income research and analysis. With more than 10,000 employees and offices in nearly two-dozen countries, S&P is valued by investors and financial decision-makers everywhere for its analytical independence, market expertise and thought leadership. For 150 years Standard & Poor's has been an integral part of the global economic infrastructure. Its operations provide essential information to nearly every segment of the global financial community, creating the tools, analysis and research needed to make informed investment decisions.
Research Assistant – Gaming & Lodging Group - New York City
• Assists in insuring document compliance by coding, scanning and managing electronic files for analysts.
• Extracts financial and economic data from source materials pertinent to assigned deals and inputs to group applications.
• Complete basic financial statement analysis and spreadsheet work
• Generates reports from computer systems.
• Works in conjunction and at the direction of senior analysts in preparing necessary information for rating committee presentations.
• Maintains adherence to deadlines.
• May answer mail or telephone inquiries
• Contacts issuers & bankers to obtain and to verify information.
• Assists senior analysts in preparing PowerPoint presentations for external clients and various conferences
• Completes research tasks on industry topics
• A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, math
• Ability to work with financial models and financial data
• Exposure to financial statement analysis
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills (requirement)
• Strong written communication skills (requirement)
• The ability to work well in teams (requirement)
The above description covers the most significant duties required but does not exclude other occasional work assignments, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the General Purpose above.
S&P Ratings Services
McGraw Hill Financial - 15 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....